Saturday, April 28, 2012

Minnie Mouse

My daughter is in LOVE with all things related to Mickey Mouse.  So after a lot of persuasion on my part to have an Elmo party (her second love) and her insisting on Minnie Mouse, I caved. But I'm glad I did because Minnie mouse is such a FUN theme for a little girl! We had a pin the bow on Minnie Mouse game, Minnie Mouse pinata, lots of pink decorations, and of course Minnie Mouse cake and cupcakes! I also made Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears for the kids to wear but can't find the picture of the adorableness to share.  Here is the link I used to make mine: http://www.thesuburbanmom.com/2010/06/16/how-to-make-mickey-minnie-mouse-ears-for-a-party/.  She even gives a template for cutting out the felt.  A lot of work but they turned out adorable and my sweet Ava loved her ears! Happy second birthday my sweet and spunky Ava!

8" round Minnie Mouse cake: chocolate with buttercream icing and fondant accents
12 Minnie Mouse cakes & 5 miniature Mickey Mouse cakes: vanilla cake, butterceam frosting, chocolate candy ears, fondant bows
A close up of the final product

A picture from a child's perspective. Love this concept!
Custom birthday banner

Minnie Mouse pinata (the aftermath)
The kids had a blast playing pin the bow on Minnie Mouse.  I forgot how fun  simple games can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment