Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Gnome" Cake Quite Like This One

I just finished my very first gnome cake.  Yes that's right I said gnome cake.  I recently had a very interesting request for a gnome birthday cake and I have to admit I was a little nervous at first.  I wasn't sure how I was going to pull this idea together, but after all is said and done I am very happy with the results.  Jodi and Jeff, hope you all enjoyed the cake!  

12 inch round cake, iced with buttercream frosting, covered in marshmallow fondant, completely edible

The little Gnome hats were an inspiration from Gnomeo & Juliet

This was a cake for an adult so we added a few adult beverages  for this gnome to enjoy.

All the flowers were handmade and added to give the affect of a garden.  
The Gnome was hand made, sculpted with cereal treats and covered with fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment